Hassler Heating & Air provides installation, repair and maintenance services for heat pumps and ductless mini split heat pumps in Marin, Contra Costa, Alameda counties. As one of the most efficient options to both heat and cool a home, heat pumps offer year-round comfort, energy savings, and more.
With their all-electric operation, heat pumps also play a crucial role in home electrification, which will soon be required for all of California. Hassler pays close attention to the electrification and efficiency regulations for homes in the East Bay and can guide you through the process of meeting or exceeding them with heat pump installation. Our team specializes in gas to electric heat pumps conversions, ensuring each unit we install is properly designed and sized to meet your home’s specific needs.
What is a Heat Pump?
A residential air-source heat pump system offers an energy-efficient alternative to gas furnaces by moving heat in or out of your home instead of creating it. A heat pump consists of an outdoor unit that circulates refrigerant and an indoor air handler that pumps conditioned air directly into your living space, or through your home’s ductwork.
During the summer, a heat pump works similarly to your refrigerator and extracts the heat found inside and pumps it outside to keep your living spaces comfortable. During the heating season, heat pumps can efficiently bring heat inside after extracting it from the outside air. Because of the mild climate we see here in the East Bay area, heat pumps are a great match for heating and cooling with several whole-home benefits, including:
- Energy savings - Because they move heat rather than generate heat, heat pumps can provide up to 4 times the amount of energy they consume.
- Quiet operation - Heat pumps are so quiet in operation that many people don’t even notice they’re on.
- Year-round comfort - Since a heat pump can both heat and cool your home, you can use it throughout every season of the year.
- All-electric - Heat pumps can help improve your home’s indoor air quality because they don’t require fossil fuel combustion. They can also help you meet your home electrification goals.
Heat Pumps are Eligible for Incentives!
There are several tax credits and rebate programs available to homeowners to make heat pump installation in the East Bay area more affordable. Hassler Heating & Air is also a participating contractor in many local rebate programs and has helped our customers get over $5 million in rebates and incentives! East Bay heat pump incentives that can help you maximize your savings include:
- 25C Federal Tax Credits - As part of the Inflation Reduction Act, the 25C Tax Credit was expanded to cover 30% of the total cost for qualified home upgrades. Also referred to as the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit, this heat pump tax credit can reduce your federal tax liability by up to $2,000 for eligible heat pump systems.
- BayREN Heat Pump Rebates - As a BayREN Participating Contractor, the Hassler team can help you qualify for up to $500 in heat pump rebates when converting from fuel-powered heating systems.
- TECH Clean California Heat Pump Rebates - As a TECH-Enrolled Contractor, we can also help you qualify for $1,000 per unit in rebates for non-heat pump to heat pump installations. We can also help you qualify for $3,800+ for a heat pump water heater installation.
Hassler Heating & Air: Your Whole-Home & Heat Pump Experts
When it comes to saving energy, heat pumps are a must in Marin, Contra Costa, and Alameda counties—and our team has the knowledge and experience necessary to install one properly in your home. As a whole-home contractor, we also understand the importance of insulation and air sealing for your heat pump’s performance and recommend starting your HVAC upgrade with an energy assessment. These valuable services can extend the lifespan of your heat pump system and reduce the heating and cooling load of your home.
Whether you’re looking to electrify your home or want a more modern and efficient HVAC system with zoning capabilities, Hassler is here for you.
Get started with your heat pump installation today. Call 510-848-3030 or contact us online.
Convert both your gas furnace and gas water heater to a heat pump and heat pump water heater at the same time and get $2,500 for your old equipment.
Keep Your Home Healthy!
Electrify your home
Home energy audit credited upon installation with Hassler
with Heat Pump or Heat Pump Water Heater Conversion
Apply for financing today!
Excludes Diagnostic Fee
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
A lot of homeowners living in Berkeley or Oakland, CA find themselves focusing more and more each year on improving energy efficiency.