December 28, 2015
With wet winter weather rolling into the Bay Area, homeowners are going to be spending a lot more time indoors. While relaxing at home and being cozy are both high priority for an enjoyable winter, making sure your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ) is safe and healthy should be first on the list. If your home’s air quality is lacking, you could be exposing your family to carbon monoxide. At Hassler, we’re here to help.
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, tasteless gas that is a byproduct of incomplete combustion. It’s very hard to detect, which unfortunately makes it the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in the US. When combustion occurs, normally the only gas given off is carbon dioxide. When there is a lack of oxygen in the combustion unit, however, carbon monoxide is produced. Combustion units in your home- including your furnace, water heaters, and boilers- could be potentially emitting CO into your home.
That’s where we come in.
Mitigate Carbon Monoxide Concerns with Hassler Heating
The good news about this dangerous gas is that CO poisoning can be prevented with simple actions. Since it’s odorless and colorless, the only sure way to detect it is to install a CO detector and alarm. Preventative maintenance for fuel-burning units and appliances is also a must.
At Hassler Heating and Air Conditioning, we prioritize customer safety. We understand the risks of having a combustion unit that isn’t functioning properly, and work quickly and efficiently to keep you and your family safe. Whether it’s installing monitors, conducting an in-depth fix for a furnace, or otherwise, our team is here to get your home as safe as possible.